What Is Salactol Wart Paint?
Salactol is a collodian wart paint for treating warts, verrucas, corns and calluses. –
Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be transferred from one person to another.
Corns and calluses are hard, thick pads of skin caused by pressure and friction. They usually occur on the feet due to poorly fitting shoes. They can also occur on the hands.
How To Use Salactol Wart Paint
Salactol is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly. The active ingredients in this product are salicylic acid and lactic acid. The active ingredients work by:
- softening the hard skin growth
- making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery board
- helping to kill the virus that causes warts and verrucas.
Use it only on warts, verrucas, corns and calluses on sites for which it is recommended.
For adults, children and the elderly: Follow these steps once every day, usually in the evening. Carry on using the product in this way until the wart, verruca, corn or callus disappears:
- Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dry the area thoroughly, using your own towel if you have a wart or verruca (this will help stop the infection spreading to other people).
- Gently rub away any loose, hard skin from the surface of the wart, verruca, corn or callus with an emery board or a piece of pumice stone: – if you are treating a wart or verruca, do not let anyone else use the emery board or pumice stone after you as the infection may spread to them.
- Unscrew the cap of the bottle and, using the applicator attached to the inside of the cap, carefully apply a few drops of the paint to the top of the wart, verruca, corn or callus only: – avoid spreading onto surrounding healthy skin; – allow each drop to dry for a few minutes before applying the next drop.
- PP5/15/1 201359 collodion, salicylic acid, lactic acid TM E. If the treated area is on the sole of the foot, cover it with an adhesive plaster to help prevent the virus from spreading. Elsewhere, treated areas need not be covered.
- Always replace the cap of the bottle tightly after use.
- Repeat steps A to F every evening, after removing any plaster from the previous day.
- The length of treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart, verruca, corn or callus: – some may go in a relatively short time; – some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear; – it is important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared
Always Read The Patient Information Leaflet Before Use