Online Prescriber - Dental Care
What is Tooth Decay?
Tooth decay is damage to a tooth caused by dental plaque turning sugars into acid. If plaque is allowed to build up, it can lead to problems, such as holes in the teeth (dental caries) and gum disease. Dental abscesses, which are collections of pus at the end of the teeth or in the gums, may develop.
What are the symptoms?
The most common symptoms of tooth decay are:
- Toothache – either continuous pain keeping you awake, or occasional sharp pain without an obvious cause; it can sometimes be painless
- Tooth sensitivity – you may feel tenderness or pain when eating or drinking something hot, cold or sweet
- Grey, brown or black spots appearing on your teeth
- Bad breath
- An unpleasant taste in your mouth
Treatment of Tooth Decay
Early tooth decay can be reversed, and this is why it is important that you see a dentist regularly (for adults at least once every 2 years). Early tooth decay is described as being before a hole has formed in the tooth. Steps to treat this include;
- Reducing how much and how frequently you have sugary foods and drinks
- brushing your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
If your tooth decay is beyond this early stage, your dentist will advise what the best treatment it for your case
Please click below for further information regarding what treatment we offer and how it works:
Why Choose Pharmacy First’s Online Prescriber Service?
At Pharmacy First we offer a range of products to help treat tooth decay. These are Duraphat toothpastes from Colgate.
There’s no need for a face-to-face doctor appointment and you are not required to bear a prescription before you purchase as Pharmacy First’s Online Prescriber Service provides you with prescription-only medication after a short online consultation which is reviewed by our qualified online medical prescribers.
- Discreet, Speedy Service
- Best Prices Online
- Same Day Dispatch*
- Our Reviews Speak Volumes
How Do I Move Forward?
Please use our pharmacist consultation to ensure you are eligible for the medication