Online Prescriber - Period Delay
No Prescription? No Problem.
|Price for a pack of...|
|30 Tablets||60 Tablets|
How does Period Delay work?
Period delay works by taking a drug called Norethisterone, it is a man-made form of progesterone, a naturally occurring female sex hormone and is used for a number of reasons. It cannot be used as hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Norethisterone 5mg tablets can be taken three times daily to delay periods. Start tablets at least 3 days before the start of a period and continue for as long as needed. A period bleed will normally start 2 to 3 days, and possibly longer, after stopping norethisterone.
As a woman's hormone balance changes during her menstrual cycle, taking norethisterone tablets during menstruation will delay a period.
Norethisterone should not be used by women taking the contraceptive pill. Consult your GP or contraception specialist about delaying periods whilst taking contraceptives.
Norethisterone is NOT a contraceptive and will not prevent pregnancy.
Taking other medications?
Consult your doctor before taking norethisterone if you regularly take medication for any of the following:
- Medicines to treat epilepsy (e.g. phenytoin, carbamazepine)
- Antibiotic medicines to treat an infection (e.g. tetracyclines, rifampicin, co-trimoxazole)
- Antiviral medicines to treat HIV (e.g. ritonavir, nelfinavir)
- Anticancer medicines Herbal preparations containing St John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- Aminoglutethimide, sometimes used in Cushing's syndrome Ciclosporin (for suppressing the immune system)
- Non-steroidal inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for treating pain and inflammation
- Medicines for high blood pressure
Why Choose Pharmacy First’s Online Prescriber Service?
There’s no need for a face-to-face doctor appointment and you are not required to bear a prescription before you purchase as Pharmacy First’s Online Prescriber Service provides you with prescription-only medication after a short online consultation which is reviewed by our qualified online medical prescribers
- Discreet, Speedy Service
- Best Prices Online
- Same-day dispatch for orders placed before 1pm (Monday – Friday)
- Our Reviews Speak Volumes
How Do I Move Forward?
Active ingredient: Norethisterone
Manufacturer: Generic - Brands May Vary
Norethisterone is only designed to be taken occasionally and should not be requested more than once every 4 months. If you need to delay a period for more than 17 days, you should consult your GP.
Your medication is sealed in a plain shipping box for protection then placed inside a tamper-proof Royal Mail special delivery envelope before being dispatched from our in-house Pharmacy.
- Discreet Plain Packaging
- Royal Mail Special Delivery
- No Mention of Medication