Ovex Single-Tablet x 3
You Save £3.39
What is Ovex?Ovex is a medicine which is used to treat threadworm (sometimes known as pinworm) infections of the gut. The tablet contains mebendazole, which is one of a group of medicines called 'anthelmintics'. This medicine is for use in adults and children aged over 2 years.
What are threadworms?Threadworms (Enterobius vermicularis) are tiny white parasitic worms that live in the bowel. They are approximately half an inch long and resemble threads of white cotton – hence the name threadworms.
General advice about threadwormsTo ensure that you and your family do not infect others or re-infect yourselves, you should also follow the hygiene measures listed below for at least six weeks:
- Discourage nail biting or finger sucking.
- Wear pyjamas or underclothes in bed.
- In the mornings, wash thoroughly around the bottom.
- Provide a towel for the exclusive use of each member of the household.
- Change clothes regularly.
- Regularly wash and iron bed linen.
You may also like…
Please use our pharmacist consultation to ensure you are eligible for the medication