Gaviscon Infant 30 Sachets
You Save £0.99
What Are Gaviscon Infant Sachets?Gaviscon Infant is used to treat acid reflux. It contains two active ingredients; sodium alginate and magnesium alginate. Together, these form a protective layer on top of the stomach contents, preventing acid from travelling up the oesophagus (the “food tube”), which is the cause of the painful “heartburn” sensation associated with reflux. This helps to prevent vomiting in babies who are feeding.
How To Use Gaviscon Infant Satchets.For infants aged 1 to 2 years. Not to be used in premature infants or infants under one year except under medical supervision. The dosage and mixing instructions depend on the weight of your child and the feeding method you use:
- Infants under 4.5kg - ONE sachet should be used
- Infants over 4.5kg - TWO sachets should be used
- Mix each sachet into 115 ml of milk feed in the bottle
- Shake well
- Feed as normal
- Mix each sachet with 5ml of cooled. boiled water until a smooth paste is formed
- Add another 10ml (2 teaspoons) of cooled, boiled water and mix
- For breastfed infants give part way through each feed or meal using a spoon or feeding bottle.
- For all other infants give at the end of each meal using a spoon or feeding bottle.
Precautions Before Using Gaviscon Infant Sachets.Gaviscon infant is not suitable for use in children over the age of 2, adults, or the elderly. Not to be used if your child is allergic to magnesium alginate, sodium alginate, or any of the other listed ingredients. Do not use this product if you are already using a thickening agent in your infant’s food. Do not give this product to your child if they:
- Were born prematurely
- Are being sick, have a fever or have diarrhoea
- Have kidney damage or have been put on a low salt diet
- Have a blockage in their gut (intestinal obstruction)
Ingredients Included In Gaviscon Infant Sachets.Key Ingredients: Each unit dose sachet of 0.65 g powder contains 225 mg sodium alginate and 87.5 mg magnesium alginate. Other Ingredients: Mannitol and colloidal silica.
Please use our pharmacist consultation to ensure you are eligible for the medication